Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA
Tencent is a publicly traded company focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users. In China, Tencent is the largest publisher of online games and we work together with world-renown developers such as Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Tencent Cloud is seeking an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Global Technical Support Center, and directly assist both startup and enterprise customers, to streamline adoption of Tencent IaaS and PaaS/DBaaS cloud solutions. This person will quickly become an authority in Tencent’s public cloud APIs, work with research and development (R&D) teams to extend the current capabilities, and contribute to achieving full application stack provisioning. They will have extensive experience in managing secure large scale Mobile and Web application services in one or more public cloud environments, and have a passion for developing automated approaches to configuration management, deployment, and incident response.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Tencent’s Public Cloud APIs
- Develop reusable code to automate IaaS and PaaS/DBaaS deployments and changes
- Resolve reoccurring problems, and implement automation preventive solutions
- Participate in the 24×7 global support team for English / International customers
- Remove Solutions Team obstacles by providing internal consulting, and design support
- Partner with external customers to build long-term account relationships, and meaningful value
- Collaborate with internal R&D Product teams to identify solutions to extend API capabilities
What We’re Looking For
- You love automation! You really love automation!! You want to automate everything!
- You love making things faster, and always think about the rebuild and recovery times associated with everything you do.
- You are knowledgeable, resourceful and show initiative. You always keep the customer’s objectives in mind.
- You are positive by nature and are also a great team player; dependable and autonomous.
- Bachelor degree (or higher), with exposure to computer science, math, engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing, deploying, managing large scale Linux based systems
- 2+ years’ experience deploying and supporting IaaS and PaaS cloud based HTTPS applications
- 2+ years’ experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience deploying NginX/HTTP(S) CDN services, with advanced host/header rewrite/manipulation
- 2+ years’ experience with one or more scripting languages: Python, GO, Ruby, or Lua (desirable)
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools: Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Chef
- Experience with Docker containers, and Kubernetes (or another related orchestration service)
- Experience with Open Source, Github, Bitbucket, JIRA, and similar tools
- Experience with high availability architecture, DNS limitations, and GSLB/GTM configurations
- Proficiency in production data analysis (application and usage logs, network trace, and configuration)
- Experience working with remote development and support teams, and scheduling production changes
- Experience in translating complex deployment and functional requirements into automated systems
- Experience deploying and supporting internet services into Mainland China
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail, and communication skills, both verbal and written